Monday, December 16, 2013

Sample Diet Plan

Think of this Diet Plan as the End Result. That of which you want to transition toward. 

Weekdays:

Mornings: Prepare 1 cup of Whole Grains in a rice cooker while you get ready for work. Choose from Quinoa, Oats, Brown Rice, Millet, Buckwheat, or Amaranth and combine with Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, and Nut Meg. Alternatively, Popped Quinoa and Amaranth are good substitutes for cereal and go well with milk. 


Commute:  Eat one large or two small pieces of fruit with your breakfast or as a snack on the subway, in the car, on the train, or as a mid-morning snack at work. Experiment with different kinds of fruit.



Lunch: Bringing your own lunch to work will reduce the temptation to go out or order delivery. Pack steamed veggies like kale, broccoli, collard greens, or green beans in a tupperware container. Some rice cookers double as a vegetable steamer, which is very helpful to expedite your morning routine. Also try packing a small salad with olive oil and raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar, baby carrots, nuts and seeds,a boiled egg, plain yogurt, and the any leftover whole grains or fruit from breakfast. Great additions like avocado, grapes, and cucumber are quick and easy choices.

After Work Snack:  Try having a snack right after work to curb hunger while you are cooking dinner. This can be the remainder of your lunch or more steamed veggies, a salad, or a piece of fruit if you are craving sugar or refined carbs. This is a good time to work in your daily bowl of yogurt with some flax seed if you didn't get a chance to eat it at lunch.

Dinner: This can be any meat combined with a vegetable, potato, salad, or rice. Home made Chili is a tasty dinner option, as is Stir Fry, Taco Salad or Burritos made with Ezekiel Tortillas. Salmon and Summer Salad's are great choices in good weather, while home made Soup
is a great choice in winter. Anything that can be cooked in slow cooker works well. Try to experiment adding different kinds of Veggies and Spices to all of your dishes.

Tea Time: Even if you're American, try incorporating caffeine-free green tea in the early evening an hour or so after dinner, or any other time throughout the day. 

Keep in mind that this diet plan replaces refined carbohydrates with complex carbohydrates, which is the key to overcoming Candida and many other disease states. It also adds foods to boost immunity and general health. Unlike Candida diet plans, it does not cut out fruit or whole grains, so is therefore more sustainable over the long-term.  












4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and am finding it very helpful. Thanks for sharing what you've learned in such a lucid, accessible way. I've been a sugar junkie for too long without calling it what it is and educating myself about how to change. I do hope you'll keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And also a big thanks to you also, Cara, as reading your comment to Jenna's blog was kind of what prompted me to go ahead and leave a comment also. Hopefully, after outling the nature & level of intensity of my personal affliction with sugar & the many evils of poor eating habits, others will share more intimately their own experiences so that all of can continue to expand our knowledge and increase our understanding so that we can stay inspired enough to pursue healthier lives of richer quality & hopefully impact others in healthier ways, as well. Cheers to you who served to motivate & further inspire me this morning as I took one legitimate baby step toward resisting my hellion of a sugar beast at breakfast and went the way of healthier, happier & heartier- and I was really quite surprised by my own taste-buddies' taking so readily to modification of habit. This was DAY ONE OF PRELIMINARY SUGAR REHABILITATION- (Pretox, as I refer to it, for those of us whose lifestyles don't necessarily permit the range of social/professional freedoms to swan dive (Gracefully) into the frigid waters of Detoxing from any substance. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey Jenna- I'll be going by Kourtny for now, but what's important is that, with an extensive history of addictions ranging in nature from sugar to heavy tobacco use on the light end to a nearly 15 - year relationship with amphetamines which included a few generous sprinklings of other, even more idustrial strength agents often used to comfort the dying, induce anesthesia before/during surgery or bring an unruly set of nerves to a more docile state. The reason I am disclosing any of this is that I am quite aware of the direct link between those substances and the residual effects on health(diet)& even my taste-buds' habits (!), even long after cessation & during maintained abstinence! I am only 30 years old, and very blessed with a strong composition, not only in mind but physically as well. But despite my long-standing appreciation for the effects of diet(in addition to physical activity- but let me not place the carriage before the horse!) on the overall well-being as acknowledged by our emotional/mental state, I am coming to notice just how profoundly influenced by all these factors one will be as the body transitions ever so subtly beyond the Post-20's decade of a raucously fast-paced & chaotic life into more of an experience-based & deliberating set of processes that ideally, will see me thru not only This most critical of transitions but hopefully many more.
    Now, though, that I've outlined the nature & intensity of what we're dealing with, I Will proceed first by thanking You for making available your insights & guidance to those who seek it and will actually Just be leaving it at that-(for now!) I imagine I will be checking in again and if a rapport does happen to develop &Hey Jenna- I'll be going by Kourtny for now, but what's important is that, with an extensive history of addictions ranging in nature from sugar to heavy tobacco use on the light end to a nearly 15 - year relationship with amphetamines which included a few generous sprinklings of other, even more idustrial strength agents often used to comfort the dying, induce anesthesia before/during surgery or bring an unruly set of nerves to a more docile state. The reason I am disclosing any of this is that I am quite aware of the direct link between those substances and the residual effects on health(diet)& even my taste-buds' habits (!), even long after cessation & during maintained abstinence! I am only 30 years old, and very blessed with a strong composition, not only in mind but physically as well. But despite my long-standing appreciation for the effects of diet(in addition to physical activity- but let me not place the carriage before the horse!) on the overall well-being as acknowledged by our emotional/mental state, I am coming to notice just how profoundly influenced by all these factors one will be as the body transitions ever so subtly beyond the Post-20's decade of a raucously fast-paced & chaotic life into more of an experience-based & deliberating set of processes that ideally, will see me thru not only This most critical of transitions but hopefully many more.
    Phew- okay, now that I have outlined the nature and intensity of just what we're dealing with I will proceed first by thanking you for making available such a valuable resource as Knowledge, & YOURs, to those seeking healthful changes, and actually, I believe that will be all for now. But, I imagine I will be checking again quite soon foraging for more information etc. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you will learn what is important, it gives you a link to an interesting web page: Fast Food

    ReplyDelete